Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,105   Online: 1037

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Walnut 8x20 is Done!!

After a year and a half the tripod and camera are finished. I just got back from a week workshop in the eastern Sierras. I have some kinks to work out but I exposed six sheets and I'll develop them tomorrow and see if I need to do anything. A couple of the shots are of my ugly mug and my camera at 11,000 feet in the Bristlecone forest in the white mountains. Thanks to everyone here for their help and encouragement. You can build a camera and tripod in your apartment! So get busy!!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 11-02-2008 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Before I do much more building I've decided that I need some really nice Japanese style hand saws. That and a really decent miter box.

Did you end up making the bellows or did you find someone to make it for you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Suh-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Congrats!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good job Jim, now its time to give that thing a thorough workout and run through some film and paper for a while! Seems like such a short time since Joshua this past winter, you were talking about it, now it is reality. I think Dan deserves some credit here as well, for his inspiration at Per's gathering (heck, we can't forget Per either). I was once told by an old guy who picked me up hitchhiking in Wyoming, that a woman can have children, but a man can build something. I think a christening is in order. Do you have a name for it (him or her) yet? Best, tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must feel great to have it finished and to be out there making new work. I can't wait to see some images. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Great job! Looks fantastic sitting atop the walnut tripod. Nothing like running the first few sheet of film in a new camera you made yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Jim!! Can't wait to see new work made with it. Did you make the film holder as well? And were did you find the brass hardware?

Great stuff, you should be very proud.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nice job. It gives me something to strive for next year.

Can't wait to see a couple of pictures from it.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done Jim. That is a very nice camera. Hope you had a lot of fun along the way and will continue to have out in the field.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim,

Congratulations on the finished Camera and Tripod; it looks great. Ow, my aching back though, how much does that weigh. And to carry it up to 11,000 feet. My hat is off to you.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin