Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,442   Posts: 1,597,055   Online: 865

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

information on plasmas and lens making with it

I read somewhere that plasmas are giving effect of negative index lens.
    May be , if it is possible to fill a cube with some gas and electrify it , make a lens ?
    I need to know is there a way to build a transparent plasma to light in a glass cube without glowing?
    Or is it possible to open a transparent hole at fluorescent lamp ?
    I do not know anything the workablty of this technology but someone have to try .
    Please do not flame.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's a lot more complicated that just a plasma. It's an elaborate geometry of conductors in the presence of plasma and so far it only works experimentally with microwaves, not optical light. There is hope of using these systems known as left handed meta materials to harness their exotic properties such as negative radiation pressure and perfect lenses, but that is probably years or even decades off. By perfect lens, I mean that resolution is theoretically predicted to have no diffraction limitation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, its all hot air.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    microwaves ... i m remembering my synthetic aperture radar research days and elf radar
    is energy saving lamp working with plasma ? it is not hot but warm ? isnt it ?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A plasma is an ionized gas. A sufficiently rarified plasma can be very hot yet transfer relatively little heat to its vessel because it has little heat capacity. The plasma in a neon light or other common example will not be useful for lhmm's.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I made a research and i learned that if plasma hit by microwave , it produces protons . It makes a accelerator. I found a professor from usa at internet , name was bearden. He is talking abouıt a device treating burns , cancer without harming anything. He is telling this technology like a lost mystic. It is proton theraphy made by a accelerator . he is telling a man who is from french army and treats people with this mystic device two story high. Now lawrence livermore decreased the size of this instrument to two meters and sells with Tomo Theraphy and University of California Davis Cancer Center.
    There is a thesis from seth .a. hoedl from princeton at washington edu link.
    And look einzel lens.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa, can you carry it with you? On your back, not in the back of a truck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Plasmas do have different indices of refraction depending on their densities. This feature is used all the time in fusion research to... measure density. Microwaves are often the frequency of choice, though visible light can be used. There is a cutoff wavelength/frequency which is density dependent, past which the light is evanescent and does not propagate.

As far has having a transparent plasma that doesn't glow... could be difficult. The glow you usually see in a plasma comes from atoms that aren't fully ionized. In higher temperature plasmas, this occurs at the edge. If you had a fully ionized plasma, with impurities fully ionized as well, I would imagine that very little visible light would be emitted. Good luck actually constructing a system that can do that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin