Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,967   Online: 728

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sweet results! I'll take a little credit for helping with the feasibility but you get a LOT of credit for making this happen with medium format and getting superb results!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great pictures, especially the one of your Mom. Congratulations!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone. I really love this lens. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the image circle is small enough even on 6x7 to give me a bit of the swirlys.
    I bought another lens from Jim as well, but it is only good for closeup work. It won't come close to focusing past about one foot, but at macro distances it goes kinda nuts in a good way. Cool stuff but limited applications. When I get to my other computer, I'll send along an example of the macro lens.
    Thanks again,
    Steve
    www.scdowellphoto.com
    ps: I would post some of my stuff in the gallery section, but since I'm printing in gum and gumover pt/pd using enlarged digital negs, they are considered hybrids. Considering the vintage of the final printing process, and the fact that I'm shooting on film, I wish we could relax our posting standards a little. Drat......

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Steve,
    What you have done with the modification of the lens, and the beautiful resulting images should inspire many to experiment with what they have or can buy cheaply instead of always going for the latest, most highly coated lens available.
    Congratulations for a job well done!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin