Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,030   Online: 889

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Super easy way of lens making

easiest lens making method :
    I found 3829193 at google patents. As you see , its a early 70s patent.

It is the most easy way of lens making description.

You buy some acrylate gel , load it with potassium bichromate , some gels carry good amount of other liquids as we see at dye transfer method.

Than you put it on a crt or lcd or plasma monitor.

You expose the gel with light intensity changing image.
    The more the gel exposed to the light , it will be thicker
    The less the gel exposed to the light , it will be thinner

With changing the chemicals and contact printed images , you can make zernike phase plates , aspherical shapes etc.
    YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL WITH POTASSIUM BICHROMATE , IT MAKES BIRTH DEFECTS AT CHILDREN.
    There is many other chemicals , photo curable acrylics at the market and google science research.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You should take an idea like this and implement it. Would be cool to see some nice results
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think , even loading the gel with nanopowders and heat it , can increase the index. I really very liked the technology and after discussion , i m thinking to make it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Go for it. You keep coming up with obscure and interesting techniques for doing photographic related things. Have you ever actually done any of the techniques you have talked about? I think you should really focus on actually DOING one of the things you talk about..and let us know your results. We eagerly await your experiments.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I found even easier method from mit . They use this technology for to generate optalhmic lenses at the rural side of poor countries.
    I think they use below technique. I am not very sure they use the below technique but it makes sense.
    You build a elastic pocket from elastic deformable plastic like a children balloon.
    Than you build empty sections outside of the pocket with bottom and top portions, not deformable.
    You inject baby oil to these sections and by this way , rigid sections pressurize the elastic pocket from outside.
    the more oil inside the sections , the less volume in the pocket.
    you put pressurized acrylic in to the pocket and make the lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It is all well and good you finding all these methods to achieve results...but unless you implement these techniques you will not have results. I think you should go ahead and do it. Don't just talk about it. No one is going to do it for you.

Tell you what, you MAKE me a 300mm, mounted in a copal shutter for 1/3 the cost of a Symmar or Sironar and I will buy it from you. See you might have your first customer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree with phototone. You throw out a lot of interesting and whacky ideas, but you'll probably find the "devil is in the details". Work out a method and make a lens - would love to see some of your bizarre ideas come to fruition.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin