Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,592   Online: 852

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You asked an interesting question earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    but....what K-Mount lens has enough coverage for 9X12?
    I think these cameras collapse close enough for folding to allow 35mm lenses to be be focused & used, it will be interesting to try a few K mount lenses, particularly my 17mm.

As Ole says
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    One interesting "cross candidate" is mounting the lens bit off a Leitz Hektor 135mm in a 39mm to 42mm to PK adapter - it covers 9x12cm with movements.
    Unless you try you don't know

Ian

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ian, I've been using a Hektor like that on a Pentax Mz-5n, with macro bellows for focusing.

And since I had it off the barrel extension and focusing mount anyway, I stuck it on my Speed Graphic for a look. I believe it was originally designed as a LF lens!
    Last edited by Ole; 02-04-2008 at 05:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Can't spell with a cat on my lap...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, strange you say that, occasionally Leitz lenses appear on ebay with LF coverage. Leitz sat on Barnacks Leica for quite a time before it went into production. Historians are only interested in Leica as a 35mm manufacturer.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Something like this then.....

Basically, a piece of aluminium with a copal 0 size hole is screwed to an old lens mount. The lens is then attached in the normal way. I've got a 150 G Claron, 105 Leitmeyer and 90 Angulon mounted this way.

The body mount is best done by using a short extension tube as this gives you the little lever and pin to hold the lens in place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails k-mount lenses.jpg   bayonet mounts.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    Exactly like that

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    very cool!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post

Basically, a piece of aluminium with a copal 0 size hole is screwed to an old lens mount. The lens is then attached in the normal way. I've got a 150 G Claron, 105 Leitmeyer and 90 Angulon mounted this way.

The body mount is best done by using a short extension tube as this gives you the little lever and pin to hold the lens in place.
    Fine, wonderful, but your folder has a fixed back. This raises two questions.

I can see you to set the thing up to focus one lens. What will you do with another lens with a different focal length? Focusing on a ground glass doesn't seem possible.

And what will you do with a lens whose rear cell's outer diameter exceeds the K-mount's inner diameter? Again, unless you set up to shoot a whole roll of film with the lens, the old unscrew the rear cell and reattach after the shutter/front cell is mounted trick won't work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan, all my modern LF lenses for my 5x4 and 9x12 will fit the rear cells through a Pentax K-mount, even my Rodenstock 90mm f6.8 Grandagon. Also all my German vintage lenses in Compur shutters, the only lenses I have that think won't fit are Illex Paragons.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You've got an excellent project going here. What's the current status? I have a spare 9x12 Avus in storage with fogged elements. Maybe I could put a Kiev 60 mount on it and pop a Mir-26 on the front. That should make for an interesting peice of gear. (but will it float?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The project has to wait 3 more weeks the cameras and bits are in the UK, while I'm by the Aegean

Ian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin