Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,337   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plating parts

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield View Post
    You don't need to grind off the old plating or prepare the parts. The plater will dunk them in his solutions and removed the old coatings and prepare them for the new coatings. Call a plater and talk about your project.

On my Technika, the frame was aluminum with corrosion under the chrome plating. The chrome was flaking off in places, etc. It looks like new now. I hated to spend the money, but in retrospect, it was well worth it.
    This is very encouraging, thanks.

I have an email in to someone, who knows someone, who will know who to contact locally about places that do plating.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My contact sent this link:
    http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...erID=49&KICKER

Do you think that a tin-zinc finish will look right? I have my doubts. It is a whole lot cheaper though.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    You can do electroless nickel at home, maybe chrome too but I'm not certain.

http://www.caswellplating.com/

Check and see what kits they offer.
    Oh, I was looking at a more expensive kit. The electroless kits are far less expensive. These may do the trick, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin