Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 698

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walnut 11x14

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jim I am almost done with mine I will post some photos latter
    by the way anybody has 11X14 holders ???
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Gustavo, nice to hear you are almost done. I'm going to post some shots of the front standard with the tilt and the brass parts I made. The tilt for the camera is designed after the Zone VI that I have. There is a bolt on each side of the lens board frame that I epoxied to the brass plate that attaches to the frame. You have to drill a recess in the frame for the blot head to sit in and then screw everything tight with two screws, one on each side of the bolt. The rails for the front standard are Walnut and I ran my Dremel with the router bit to run a channel for a brass plate to run on. I then drilled a series of holes for the bolt to go through and sanded it smooth. This piece is made of brass on the Zone VI and I wanted to see if I could make it out of wood. The problem was that the clearance is so tight that the Dremel jumped and widened the track just a bit. The tilt rides on this track and when you tighten the lens frame to the rails everything tightens up. It seems to work ok but I will know once I get a lens mounted to the frame and test everything out. I hope this makes sense. If you see it you will understand.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 11-02-2008 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Looks really good Jim, those walnut knobs are a great touch.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Looks really good Jim, those walnut knobs are a great touch.
    Colin, thank you. I'm quite proud of those. It is amazing what you can do with a hole saw, dowels, a dremel, drill bits and some creativity. The picture does not do the knobs justice. I epoxy a knurled nob inside.

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    It is amazing
    What's even more amazing is that a skilled photographer busy building one of the most technically demanding cameras could take such blurry crummy photos of his camera construction

Looks pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Last edited by walter23; 03-24-2008 at 03:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    What's even more amazing is that a skilled photographer busy building one of the most technically demanding cameras could take such blurry crummy photos of his camera construction

Looks pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Walter, they are digital! What do you expect!! I was in a rush to take them and I will try to do better when I get the camera finished. I only have a point and shoot and they are low res shots. Also, it is hard for me to see when I do macro shots. I'll put the camera on a tripod next time for the shots I post. Thanks for your comments.

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Walter, they are digital! What do you expect!! I was in a rush to take them and I will try to do better when I get the camera finished. I only have a point and shoot and they are low res shots. Also, it is hard for me to see when I do macro shots. I'll put the camera on a tripod next time for the shots I post. Thanks for your comments.

Jim
    I was just bugging you.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    I was just bugging you.
    Walter, it is no problem. It is frustrating with my digital camera. I want to post better pictures in the future so I have to learn its limitations. Hope to post some more work soon.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

knice nobs Jim

Hello Jim:

I love the walnut knobs and hats off to you for finding a great solution.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's why I bought a "cheap" digital back for my real camera. No more futzing with a P/S digital when I need/want to document something like this for the web. That and my P/S died.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin