Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,514   Online: 1117

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Convert RB67 220 back to 120

I have a 220 back that I'd like to shoot 120 film in. Will the differences in the pressure plate, or anything else, cause problems with 120 film installed? Can I modify it somehow?

I don't really know much about these backs (I don't own an RB); I bought it from a buddy when I dropped it and cracked it.

I'd like to use it to construct a pinhole cam and/or a roll back for a home built 4x5, but 220 film isn't very readily available.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since 220 film dosn't have a backing sheet the pressure plate setting is different, so will but greater pressure on 120 film which does have a backing sheet. The frame counter gearing must also differ. I think that the simple answer must be to try it and see. I doubt that it can be modified economically.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used 120 in my RB 220 for years with no problems at all - it works just fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin