Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,374   Online: 1095
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Christopher Walrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milton, DE, USA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,980
    Blog Entries
    29
    Images
    19
    Better yet, for me. How do you remove an aperture ring from, say, a Minolta MD lens without loosing the spring and the click ball?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

    "Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Montgomery, Il/USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Better yet, for me. How do you remove an aperture ring from, say, a Minolta MD lens without loosing the spring and the click ball?
    Verrrry carefully!
    Seriously though, cup the lens so when the ball decides to eject youhave most of the escape path covered And remove the ring very slowly, that way when the bearing comes out it's caught by the edge of the aperture ring.
    I'm very sure the lost bearings end up in the same dimension with all the lost socks.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    236
    Do it in a changing bag or at least a plastic garbage bag. Things can go wherever they want and when they are done they are inside.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    16
    I bought a chinese spanner off Amazon for $15 and it totally sux but I've been barely getting by with it.

    Now I need a good spanner to unlock a stubborn screw ring on a Nikon 200mm f/4

    I love the spanner wrench on micro-tools but maybe there's something mid-range that's a little cheaper.

    I don't have $100 to spend on a tool to fix lenses but I would if I had the tool! What a conundrum

  5. #15
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,547
    Images
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    How do you remove an aperture ring from, say, a Minolta MD lens without loosing the spring and the click ball?
    For once the incorrect spelling of losing is sort of correct!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I'm very sure the lost bearings end up in the same dimension with all the lost socks.
    Yes, but where is that? I have twenty six socks in a drawer at home with not a single pair amongst them!


    Steve.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by shootpositive View Post
    I bought a chinese spanner off Amazon for $15 and it totally sux but I've been barely getting by with it.

    Now I need a good spanner to unlock a stubborn screw ring on a Nikon 200mm f/4

    I love the spanner wrench on micro-tools but maybe there's something mid-range that's a little cheaper.

    I don't have $100 to spend on a tool to fix lenses but I would if I had the tool! What a conundrum
    I have had good luck with these:

    http://www.micro-tools.com/store/P-S...e-Economy.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin