Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,391   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    http://lightofday.wetpaint.com/page/...ilinear?t=anon

This is a Kodak 1A loaded with 70mm film. Not a hack job, but shows you what the lens can do. Rapid Rectilinear, 120-130 mm I guess
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole

George Eastman Online Museum

For a great resource of ideas on how to build nested/sliding box cameras, visit the George Eastman Online Museum. Here is an example of some cameras. The entire technology section of the online museum is here.

Here's an example of a sliding (nested) box camera that may give you some construction ideas.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a fast lens check out schools for broken overhead lenses. I have a few with the plastic housings which can't be used due to melted and broker plastic housings and they are fast triplets, color corrected, and fills my 11 x14 ground glass test jig. The one's I have are 14 in (327 mm on the housing) there is not any place for stops though. You may be able to find doublets and singlet lenses also most are 14" but some are 12". But some of the older bigger WWII and 1950 vintage overhead had some real nice lenses. Most of the cheap Overheads have the doublets and singlet lenses.
    It's not the camera......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin