Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,684   Online: 773

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

The Walnut 11x14 is done!!!!

Well, I'm going to officially call it done tomorrow. 10 months 14 days. I am so stoked right now you don't even know! I thought the 8x20 was huge, this baby is huge. It sits very nicely on the Walnut tripod. I still have some minor cosmetic things to do but "The Beast II" is done. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. Damn, Walnut polishes up nice!!! Whohoooo!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 11-02-2008 at 12:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Excellent work Jim, it looks fantastic! Where did you get the bellows and what is the max. ext?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBulley View Post
    Excellent work Jim, it looks fantastic! Where did you get the bellows and what is the max. ext?
    I got the bellows off of E-bay for a great price. Something like $125.00! The guy I got it from had a camera just like mine and the bellows fit perfectly! It fit so well it was like it was made for my camera. Thanks. The extension is about 36".

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 04-16-2008 at 11:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OMG Jim...can you build ME a camera?

All I need is 4x5.

I'll even pay for it!

Great job, by the way. It looks incredible.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fantastic work, Jim. This is definitely something to be proud of. Now go shoot with it!
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    OMG Jim...can you build ME a camera?

All I need is 4x5.

I'll even pay for it!

Great job, by the way. It looks incredible.
    Stephanie, the camera building is done for a while. After the 8x20 ( 1 1/2 years) and the time I've put into the 11x14 I need to clean my apartment! I may build an 8x10 at some time in the future but for now I am done! This thing is huge! I love it! Thanks for the kind words.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd seriously love to build one, but I'd need someone with the woodworking skills to help me. It really is such a neat project. Can't wait to see prints.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Walter, thanks. You bet I'm going to go out and shoot with it! I've got some FP-4 in the fridge and three holders ready to go.

Stephanie, the trick for me was having something to copy. In this case it was my Zone VI 4x5. I got the 11x14 approximate size from the Wisner site and I use thin strips of Walnut laminates together. It proves to be strong and easy to work with hand tools. It just takes a lot of time, passion and love.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Stephanie - For inspiration, take a look around this site: http://www.raymentkirbycameras.co.uk/index.htm

Take a look through the 'Workshop' pages. It's not as complex as it seems at first.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim...

Congrats! An amazing accomplishment...thanks once again for the inspiration. Can't wait to see it in person...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin