Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,636   Online: 1115

Shooter
    Multi Format

How I do unscrew the front cell of a Ysarex from a Prontor SVS shutter?

I have a Rodenstock Ysarex 127mm f4.7 in a Prontor SVS shutter. I want to remove the lens rear and front cells (glasses) from the shutter. I was able to unscrew the rear cell, but I have no clue how to unscrew the front cell. No threads visible, no notches, no screws... I tried unscrewing it using pressure with my fingers but it doesn't move.

Any idea?

thanks
    Interested in converting a Polaroid 110B into a compact 4x5" rangefinder camera? Check out how I did it here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's something I have also tried to do in the past with no success. I will be interested in the method too.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have found this, but didn't work for me... I wish there were some pictures...

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00GmP0
    Interested in converting a Polaroid 110B into a compact 4x5" rangefinder camera? Check out how I did it here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link.

I'm tempted to leave mine alone as it works fine at all speeds except half and one second but I'm still interested in learning how it comes apart as I couldn't work it out myself.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've done it the hard way... Drilled two holes in the black rim edge to allow clearance for a spanner. It came off easily. The two holes can be painted with black enamel and you won't notice too much.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00PSpx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want to know more about this lousy shutter:

http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/came...4135d875e2ffb3

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin