Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,580   Online: 927

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fixing a Voigtlander Brilliant

Hello,

I'd like to fix the shutter of the Brilliant my Grandfather gave me some years ago.

It's the one with the shutter giving 1/25, 1/50 and Bulb, with a lens "opening" to 7.7

It would be great to find some shutter assembly diagrams, or somebody willing to share experience.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Laurent,

You would need a special spanner wrench in that size to remove the lens cells and reset inf. when done. Better to send it out.

Good luck with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The camera is not worth sending out (it's closer to a box than anything else) but it has a personal value to me. (It also has an history since my Grandfather brought it back from his Navy years in WWII).

I started disassembling the camera and it looks like a sticky shutter + some bent parts in the mechanism (the legend says it fell sometime and stopped working since then.) as the shutter won't usually open except if I "help" it by putting a small part back to what seems it's normal position.

It would be great to be able to make some pics with this camera.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin