Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,707   Online: 985

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Antique Shutter Repair Manual by Valera, 1948?

Antique Shutter Repair Manual by Valera, 1948

Reprints of this manual have been for sale on ebay for ages, has anyone seen it?

It sounds like something I could use, but often these books actually feature little more than generic advice and a few shots of shutter interiors.

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nathan, go to the cameraeccentric website and download the inter lens shutter repair manual, it has breakdowns of some of the more popular shutters of the time.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Nathan, go to the cameraeccentric website and download the inter lens shutter repair manual, it has breakdowns of some of the more popular shutters of the time.

erie
    Thanks, I hadn't visited that site in quite a while - I didn't know there was so much there now. That's a great book, by the way. I'm looking forward to using that to work on some really old pieces.

The reason I'm interested in the Valera book is for the Rapax synchro shutters, I have a bunch of 'em I need to clean up. Meanwhile, I've found this site:
    http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=rapax
    I think that'll probably be just what I need ... but I'm still a little curious about the Valera book.

thanks again,
    Nathan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nathan,

Valera was more of a tech than a writer, the book is step-by-step for quite a few shutters including Rapax. It is worth buying.

Have fun with it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz View Post
    Nathan,

Valera was more of a tech than a writer, the book is step-by-step for quite a few shutters including Rapax. It is worth buying.

Have fun with it
    Thanks, I just ordered it!

Nathan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Nathan,
    Great site. Thanks for posting it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin