Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,329   Online: 726

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies everyone. To give an update, I've talked to a few cabinet shops and I'm getting the "$65 per hour" thing. This is what I'd tell someone if I didn't want to bother. I guess I don't blame them since it's kind of a dorky little job.

I'm leaning towards the kindness of others at this point.

Alan.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The harbor freight saw works fine. I used one for parts on the 11x14. Just make sure to get the warranty on this little buggar! I took mine back when it stopped working for no reason and they gave me a new one. This was after some time and no questions. You can cut about 1/4" thick max with the saw. I even used it in my apartment! Made some boards with mine. Good luck!

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh just go to HomeDepot and ask the guy to demo a table saw for you. Most HD have one avaialable to rip wood for customers. Be sure to tip the guy too.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would not let the cretins at Home Despot even touch something I was doing.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Final update

I called a few more local woodworking places and found a guy who perfectly trimmed and rabbited 6 lenboards. He called to tell me they were done about two hours after I dropped them off. He asked for $10 but I gave him $20 since he was so fast and accomidating.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers of help.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format

Plans...

Greetings all:

Does anyone know where I can acquire plans for an 8x10 folding field camera? I've got all the equipment and skills needed to make everything, both wood and metal parts, except the bellows, which I would acquire through the auction sites. If I could get a set of plans, rather than going through the excercise of drawing up plans, I could spend my limited time on construction.

Thanks in advance.

BVStaples

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have a look here: http://www.raymentkirbycameras.co.uk/

Not a full set of plans but some very detailed instructions and sketches. Based on 5x4 but could easily be scaled up to 10x8.

Go to the 'Workshop' section and look through all the pages for inspiration.

Steve.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvstaples View Post
    Greetings all:

Does anyone know where I can acquire plans for an 8x10 folding field camera? I've got all the equipment and skills needed to make everything, both wood and metal parts, except the bellows, which I would acquire through the auction sites. If I could get a set of plans, rather than going through the excercise of drawing up plans, I could spend my limited time on construction.

Thanks in advance.

BVStaples

Hello:

I sell a set of plans for an 8x10 folding field camera. Please email me off list at barryjyoung@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thank you.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was in Harbor Freight the other day and looked at that saw, it is the cutest little thing I've seen in some time. The also have a tiny little cut-off saw that I'm going to pick up for some metal work I need to do.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I took a lens board to one of those custom u-frame it shops. They can use that little picture frame chop saw to trim small pieces accurately.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin