Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,836   Online: 999

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    clip...

So, can I save all the sawdust and make my own MDF (just kidding :rolleyes.
    If you can afford it and have space for it. Get a dust collection system. I've still don't have one but I'm going to get one. Cutting Hard Wood generates a lot of very fine dust!! I got a old furnace blower, and the first time I powered it up in the shop (with the table saw) I had a very big cloud of dust! (Open floor jests and wall 2 by 4's) I've cleaned allot but the amount of dust and were the dust is surprising.

Gordon
    It's not the camera......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by freygr View Post
    If you can afford it and have space for it. Get a dust collection system. I've still don't have one but I'm going to get one. Cutting Hard Wood generates a lot of very fine dust!! I got a old furnace blower, and the first time I powered it up in the shop (with the table saw) I had a very big cloud of dust! (Open floor jests and wall 2 by 4's) I've cleaned allot but the amount of dust and were the dust is surprising.

Gordon
    Right now using a ShopVac. Need to rig a 2 stage collection system using a 5gal bucket and some extra PVC so I don't clog the vac filter as quickly.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Funny how this thread migrated...

Someone mentioned a splitter. This was the best $120 I spent for my cabinet saw (I moved and had to sell the whole set up). Just think of how much a trip to the ER will cost you and that splitter starts looking like a bargin. I've been using woodworking tools since Jr. High and the table saw is the tool that scares me the most.

Dust collection. I had a Penn State mobile one that was right about $200. I moved it from tool to tool as needed. I used the sawdust as mulch in my garden and flower beds. My yard in Utah needed a ton of organic fill and I didn't throw away wood shavings or lawn clipping in the 6 years I lived there. Here in New Jersey I can't get stuff to stop growing.

Alan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MenacingTourist View Post
    the table saw is the tool that scares me the most.

Here in New Jersey I can't get stuff to stop growing.
    For me it's a toss up between the table saw and router.

In my experience, the only stuff that grows is weeds (or, at least, plants/grasses I don't want)

Dan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin