Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,982   Online: 733

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Got Table Saw Skills?

My yearly trip back to Utah (where all my woodworking tools are) has been postponed until sometime next year or later and I'm looking for someone who can trim some lensboards.

These are boards I made myself that fit a Kodak 2D and they now need to fit a Wisner which uses a little smaller lensboard. If needed I can send the one Wisner board I own to ensure an exact match.

There is a somewhat sense of urgency as I'd really like to make some pregnancy portraits of my wife who is getting rather close and is also going to be gone for a month.

I sorely miss my table saw in times like these and am more than willing to talk price with whoever can help me with this.

Thanks,

Alan.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Are there any cabinet shops in Princeton? I think they would be happy to buzz them off for you..EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My saw is up and running. PM me if you like and I'll send you my address, I'm in New Hampshre.
    How much needs to be trimmed? It's probably something a cabinet shop could do, for just a few $'s, if any.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Alan,

I'm in Bergen County. My garage is a bit of a mess at present but in the near term I want to get my table saw out to my garage for the summer. Task number one was going to be making some 4x4 lensboards for my Speed Graphic. I can probably help you out - how soon do you need them?

Thinking about it some more, if it's a light cut, I would probably just do it on the router table.

Dan
    Last edited by Fotoguy20d; 06-05-2008 at 03:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    or just use a hand plane laid on it's side, should only take 5 or so mins of not too tiring work.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a small table saw which is sold by Harbor Frieght for less than $50. I it is about an 8x8 square power saw which I have found is very handie for making lensboards. Hope this option may help you or others which wish to make their own lensboards, but without a large cash outlay. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post
    There is a small table saw which is sold by Harbor Frieght for less than $50. I it is about an 8x8 square power saw which I have found is very handie for making lensboards. Hope this option may help you or others which wish to make their own lensboards, but without a large cash outlay. Jon
    HF makes decent enough stuff for the price (and are now in NJ) - I use one of their drill presses among other things. You can also get a Ryobi 10" TS from Home Depot for $100 - maybe not any better than the HF unit.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go to Woodcraft, have a guy run a nicely tuned Lie-Nielson plane over the board.

If a saw blade isn't just right, you'll trash the board. A good plane makes it easy.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw View Post

Thanks! I've been looking for a small inexpensive table saw to fabricate small parts like lensboards and shutter boxes. That seems perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want to send me a CAD file or a scan of a measured drawing or something I'd probably be able to knock something off for you - the only problem is I don't have a thickness planer... but maybe it's not a problem. E-mail me and I'm sure we can work it out.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin