Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,803   Online: 1092

Shooter
    Medium Format

custom Ground Glass suppliers?

I'm looking into building a small field-type camera based around a Mamiya RB67 back. My thoughts are to get a square Ground Glass focusing screen which I will then mark the 6x7 frame line in both portrait and landscape format so I can view in both arrangements at once. I'm looking for about 3 1/2 " square.

Anyone got any suggestions as to where to get a custom size screen like this? I've found Photofixation on ebay - can anyone recommend him or the quality of his screens? I'm working on a low budget, so price is a big factor here.

thanks in advance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geert - GVB - isn't far from you, just a swim across the Channel. Or make your own, plenty of links on how to do that here on APUG.

I've bought glass from the US and noticed that brightness wasn't that good, compared to some others.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for that Ian. I looked all over APUG, but I couldnt see the wood for the trees.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geerts adverts are at the bottom of pages now. This one as I write.

I posted some links to how to grind your own yesterday in the Plate camera section.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there's always using an RB67 screen, it has both horz and vert. marked. (at least some do). I'd suggest the Revolving back as the rear of the camera, using the front frame from an old back with a piece of ground glass epoxied on the rails.

erie

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin