Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,719   Online: 1240

Shooter
    Large Format

8x10 Korona Camera Repairs

Hi All!

I recently purchased a great old camera, that i've found to be a Korona Cam. I'm working on putting it back together again as it was in pretty rough shape. Luckily the rails were not damaged so much that some glue, clamps and love won't fix them.

My new problem is that on both of the standards, I've noticed that there is only one knob on each to move them on the rails. I found photos that show that this is what it's supposed to be; however, the front standard likes to fly off as the metal rod that has the wheels to move the standard on the rails is basically running loose in the holes. I understand that the spring under the front standard is there to basically hold the rod in place, but the spring I have is prone to fly through space and time...ask my left eye *whistles innocently* So, all of that being said...does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort of put a knob or something on the left hand side so that the rods will stay in their grooves and will also allow me to lock down the standard?

Thank you for any info you all may have!

Allen

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Allen, if you have a little portion of the rod sticking out you might be able to use a one way push on nut just to keep it from sliding. 3 cents at the hardware store.
    good luck
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this thread covers what I've done to a Korona.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...ng-korona.html
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Allen,

Good luck with it. I rebuilt my grandfathers 5x7 and 12x20 Korona's.
    I call them a labour of love.
    Could you post a picture of the problem area?
    Also, if you need new bellows, I sent both of the Korona's to Turner Bellows in Rochester NY.
    They did a fantastic job.
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi All, just an update - I have the body of the camera back in one piece. It's not as functional as I had liked, but it was in MAJORLY bad shape. But in the end it is still usable. Now it's on to picking out a piece of glass for it! And figuring out how to reduce the amount of jumping that the front Standard is doing....will keep you all updated.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin