Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,389   Online: 992

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Baby Crown Graphic refit

Hi,

just wanted to show you my recent refit

I stripped the leather and gave it a new finish

The lens is a f8/65mm SA the extension of the bellows is for the f5.6/100mm Symmar which I did not have at the time of taking the pictures. I sticked a little tape patch onto the upper window of the rangefinder to increase the contrast. Bellows and groundglas are new. The bellows was quite expensive. I would not have let it made if I did get a correct price information by camerabellows in UK.

With the Symmar I will be able to use the adjustments. I have extended the front rise about 15mm to 30mm. so that I can use front tilt together with front rise. The image circle of the original raptar would not be sufficient for that.

I have a 6x6 and a 6x9 Back for the camera. I plan to use it for landscape work an expect the adjustments to be sufficient for that.

cheers

Ulrich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice, having restored a pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic I can see you've done a superb job.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Really pretty camera. I have been thinking along the samelines of using a Baby Graphic for my bicyle trips. I didn't know that Graphic cameras had tilts? I thought it was a point and shoot.
    Good job!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only the pre-Anniversary models have no tilt. But as they don't have swing or revolving backs there's no tilt in Portrait mode.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent.

I have just started something similar. I got a 5x4 Speed Graphic yesterday. The rangefinder and focal plane shutter were beyond repair, so they have been removed, and the leather had been painted red.

I am going to remove all of the covering as you have done. It's hard to believe that they covered up that wood and brass with leather and paint!

I have the back almost done now.

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SG_BACK.JPG  
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That' pre-Anniversary

Your problem is what to do with the speed controls cut-out. I recovered my Pacemaker Speed Graphic withe leatherette, but luckily the shutter on my pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic was restorable.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How did you remove the leather from the casing? I might have a winter project for this year! Now only to get a camera?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    How did you remove the leather from the casing?
    This was the easy part. I just ripped off most of it with the support of a sharp chisel here and there. The rest and the glue was sanded down.

Ulrich

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    beautiful work

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Oh man... what a sexy slender/petite gal she is in the raw. And she's nimble too. You lucky bast*rd!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin