Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,931   Online: 1010

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Electric Cellulose Nanocrystal Lens Filter

I am looking for a green plastic to build my cameras and musical instruments.
    By the chance , i found that cellulose nanocrystals are hopeful.
    20 years ago or more , hasselblad and minolta introduced a new focusing screen. They were saying that it was the most transparent focusing screen and it was containing micro fibers in its body to form a focusing screen.
    May be it was cellulose nanocrysrtals.
    I found something interesting as kerr filter and nanocrystal application.
    You make a long cylinder filled with nanocrystals and apply electric to each end. It polarizes the light with changing degree to electric current.
    Does it only polarize or do another things also ?
    Well let me tell you another research , i m experimenting with hdr softwares and some of them changes light and contrast map on picture.
    It gives hyper details sometimes with some ugly results.
    I think sometimes these hdr contrast light difference pictures carry the essence of leica pictures.
    If electric crystal do the similar thing to picture , it could be possible to build a filter with a battery cell and a button to change many things.
    1 liter crystal cost 10 dollars.
    Did Land do the same thing ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wasn't the title of this thread used by Tom Wolfe for one of his books?

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin