Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,465   Online: 814

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

PC Sync Cable connectors

I would like to make some of my own cables, but have been unable to find these connectors anywhere. Has anyone ever found these connectors to buy individually?
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

No, no success to date

They are formally known as prontor compur connectors. I have always salvaged them from dollar store cameras and flash units. Never found them new. B&H might sell them; but I have never searched.

I would suggest looking over the Paramount cord site. They make great- no, the best cords - and some day you will curse the shot that got screwed up by a cheapo synch cord.

Consider getting a pc- household cord of each sex, and then use carefully labelled extension cords if you ned to synch multiple flash units.

If you get into multiple units, take care to check the synch voltage. New LV triggers don't like to live on a parralel connected lines with older falsh that might put out more than 300v on the PC contact.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin