Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,300   Online: 1106

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Fuji Wide 60 (645) shutter repair

I have a Fuji 6 x 4.5, which has been on the shelf for many years. Recently I took it out to resume using, and the shutter sticks. By sticking, I mean doesn't fire, although if I work the film advance lever several times sometimes it will, though after a delay of several seconds. I'm thinking it probably just needs to be lubricated, etc, so does anyone have experience working with this camera who can offer suggestions? I have no reservations about trying to do the repair myself, so if you have tips I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's a leaf shutter, the old lube has migrated into the shutter housing and needs to be removed.
    It's time for a CLA.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Agreed. Anyone have directions, recollections, incantations to guide in the process?
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If it has a leaf-shutter your problem is with the retardment part of the shutter.
    The way to go:
    Remove the frontlens
    open the shutter-compartment (usaly a ring holds it together)
    remove the reatrdment (looks like a small banana) and soak it in gazoline for a wile until it runs smoothly again.
    dry and lubricate with synthetic oil and remount everything.

This is the way to go with copal and compur shutters.
    At times however the retardment is adjustable, in that case you need a shutterspeed-tester for propper adjustment,
    otherwise you will be out of 1/15th and a second will no longer be a second, but more or less.

I've been servicing my own 4x5" lenses for the past 30 years and I have a tester.... location: Europe.

The best thing you can do is to go to a local repearman that you trust, the repair will take about 1 hour.

Good luck,

archphoto@aol.nl

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin