Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,396   Online: 867

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you go back through the thread you'll find a lot of information & plans if you read the links.

Ask Steve for a copy of his drawings.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltouch View Post
    Hi Steve,

PM sent. Thanks for that link -- it looks to be very informative, just what I need to gain some perspective.

Last night, I spent some time just making a few rough sketches, without benefit of any images of field cameras to go by. I quickly realized that they are deceptively complex instruments. A monorail would be so much easier to build, it seems, but half the fun of a project is the challenge, eh?

Best,

Michael
    Hi Michael,
    I'm a monorail man but have run the gamut of modern cameras. I have never had a folder that I like but I do have a nice little Ebony 45S which is the nicest wooden camera I have owned or seen. It's a joy to use, compact and simple in construction. I think it would be a good design for you to consider. I make fancy pool cues (see schoncues.com for my stuff)for a living and have around 30 lathes and 10 various CNC machines plus all the little support machinery. I would have built my own long ago but there a lot of parts to a camera and I make better money making cues and buying the camera....Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could also get in touch with Sandeha - he has built himself a few large format cameras, so could give you some practical pointers.

His website has some photos and info on the cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geez, Evan -- your cues are works of art!

Best,

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    You should check with Dan Dozer, and see if he is still selling his camera build journal. It is an incredible resource, a cd with 160 pages, or something like that. Highly recomended. I hope this helps you.

paulie

Shooter
    35mm
    I actually bought part of a 4x5 off of ebay, the bellows, back with the glass and the rails holding the bellows on. Its just missing the lower parts, so I am hoping to start working on it soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well welcome to APUG and good luck, you snuck in under the radar

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know this company makes all kinds of bellows
    Gortite
    Both for industrial and photographic use. They make them to any size you need. I've never done business with them but they look professional.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin