Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,999   Online: 786

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NuArc Line Camera

I've been offered this monstrous beast. A giant copy camera. It looks in very good shape. The last owner had it for many years, but never did anything with it. I'm thinking of cannibalizing it for it's components - a contact printer, a vacuum easel, a timer, a big lens. Then there's the 16x20 bellows. I don't think I have the skills or desire to build a camera that size, but I'm sure someone does.

Before I start to take it apart - is there anyone who'd like the whole thing?

Any suggestions on uses I could make of its parts gladly accepted. Any offer on the whole thing, the bellows, or any other compoments entertained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails File0001.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lillian:

I don't know why, but this camera reminds me of Nanaimo .

I am assuming that this is the camera you referred to in your earlier thread.

Could you convert it to an enlarger?

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    That would make one heck of an enlarger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At risk of being asccused of hijacking a thread, What would you use for a light source for an enlarger that size?

Shooter
    35mm
    LED Panel, with blue and green LED's on separate circuits, or a tungsten bank with Rosco filters, with a diffuser made from white plex. Not too daunting for the doityerselfer. St. Ansel used the second method with the enlarger he converted from an old studio portrait camera. He made most of his prints with that set up. (maybe not the plex diffuser, or gels, but for sure the tungsten bank. IIRC he later had a cold light made, but I could be mistaken) This conversion would be much more stable and consistent than AA's.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 01-19-2009 at 09:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My biggest negatives (so far) are 4x5. I lust after a bigger camera (8x10, or 7x12 say) but because I want to contact print. I don't see myself needing a 16x20 enlarger, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    PM sent.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin