Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,455   Posts: 1,570,569   Online: 831

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bag Bellows Diagram?

I have read many, many links in this forum and found the links to a ton of camera building sites and instruction, but have yet to find anything surrounding bag bellows. Most of what I see are for field cameras and I would like to make my own Bag Bellows for a Toyo View. I have never even seen a set up close, so I am wondering what the cut on the material is, so it doesn't just sag.

Thanks,
    Jody

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Jody;

I am surprised no one has answered yet. Also, I am curious about this, too. At some point, I would like to get a bag bellows for the Sinar F1.

It is possible that you might get more of a response from the people in the Large Format equipment forum near the top of the Equipment forum listings.

Nice to know that Jax is still there, from a graduate of Robert E. Lee Senior High School.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never seen a diagram anywhere for bag bellows in years of searching the internet. I had Camera Bellows (now Custom Bellows) make a set for my De Vere whole plate/half plate/5x4 camera back in the mid 70's. They had the original pattern.

There's a springy rectangular frame piece sewn into them to keep the shape, I made the aluminium boards which they glued the bellows to, it's not too difficult more a case of having the right materials etc. They are in the UK or I'd draw the pattern for you.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Is a photo enough for you guy's ?
    I have one, not with me, but I can ask for it.... (Sinar) with some measurments.....

Yours,
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are rough outside dimensions for the bag bellows I got used for my Horseman 4x5, which also fits the Sinar 4x5s. There are interior standing seams of about 3mm on the inside of the bellows along each 'edge'. These dimensions are with the cloth stretched flat along each dimension when measured. This isn't a pattern, but might help you dimension your own.

The seams run from one front standard corner to the corresponding rear standard corner. There are no seams parallel to the standards.

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bagbellows.jpg  
    Last edited by Lee L; 01-21-2009 at 01:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ralph, Thanks for the start, I live in Murray Hill, Work in Riverside and lived in Riverside for many years. We are here and still chipping away. Riverside is also the last place you will find a Pro lab (ie, my work)

Ian, Thanks, The springy thing in the middle may take a little creativity, but I think I have an idea. If it works I will post then. Anything else you can think of will help drawings, pictures (archphoto that would be great) and thanks Lee for the measurements and drawing. I will have to compare them to the Toyo view.

I am not a metal worker, but I am a woodworker, so I may end up trying to make something to attach the bellows to. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but I will need to closely inspect my camera and see the details of what the bellows are on now. I have considered making a middle standard so I could also use a double bellows for long lenses. Although, I think I might be getting well beyond my field of knowledge with that one. I have not had much luck finding spare parts for this camera (affordable), but my time seems to not be worth so much these days and therefore cheaper.

Thanks All,
    Jody

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin