Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,890   Posts: 1,520,844   Online: 1158

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    Yes, I was surprised Rollei used Imperial as well, that is kind of un-German
    A couple of days ago I was working on one of our platen press cutting machines* at work. These have a matrix of threaded holes to attach the cut tools with.

They are Italian machines but the threaded holes are on a 1 7/8" pitch. I found that very strange.

* In case you're wondering, something like this: http://www.sikandarmachines.com/images/dieikon.jpg

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 01-29-2009 at 04:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    Can anyone give me some more information on "optical screws" ? I have tried to find it on Google and nothing has come up.
    Not sure of that terminology, but this chart details the 'fine pitched' series, which includes 0-80 etc.
    http://www.portlandbolt.com/technica...ead-pitch.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Confusing isn't it? Those danged engineers that can't use terms that the likes of us understand.
    If you're going to find the screws locally I'd try an optician since they are usually capable of repairing eyeglass frames. Size 0-80 and 1-72 are most likely. I've found both in a hobby shop at one time or another.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whilst we're thinking about screw threads, does anyone know the size of the screws which hold the strap brackets onto a Rolleicord V? One of mine has gone missing.

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin