Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,845   Online: 1060

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Phormula View Post
    I had to clean a SRL camera mirror once. My friend changed the lens under heavy rain and water drops went into the camera. After some thought I went for a lens detergent that I knew leaves no traces (can't remember the name) and I used a couple of those cotton sticks people uses to clean their ears. Veeeery carefully I "attacked" each spot and removed it. Then I gently blew some compressed air. I don't know if it was luck in its purest form and I won't do it again unless absolutely necessary, but it worked.
    I've had cause to do the same. I used a cotton bud wrapped in a well-washed micro-fibre cloth. Same result - lucky! I would only do this on a mirror which showed no signs of "peeling" though.

For lenses, I use the dishwasher.

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are pros that do lens cleaning?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have tried the mentioned Zeiss cleaning kit for 20 bucks and itīs ok. The brush is really nice by the way. I was in need to clean one of my lenses which I was afraid to have serious damage on the front element, but it was just dirt. Now it is fine again :-)
    Anyhow, I wouldnīt clean my lenses just for fun, I do it only if itīs really necessary like in this case.
    Greetz, Benjamin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I do the cleaning only when forced to do.
    First I brush the lens clean with a verry soft brush and than I use soft tissue paper and alcohol.

Anything heavier than that and the lens goes to my own repair room, but that actualy never happened.
    Just with some oldies that I just bought.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Years of grime, for old uncoated lens just windex it to get the grim off, then use alcohol and lens cloth or tissue for the final cleaning. The alcohol will remove any moisture left. I yet to see hydroscopic glass.
    It's not the camera......

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin