Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,189   Online: 763

Shooter
    Medium Format

UK Based nikon FE2 repair

Hi,

I've been given a selection of cameras to either be making use of, or selling for donations.

Included is a Nikon FE2, condition is immaculate and with a fresh set of batterys (and working out the shutter arm needs to be out to shoot...) it seems to be working perfectly - the shutter speeds look right, it sounds good, etc. The lens is a tameron SP 35-80 2.8 - Maybe i'm prejuding, but i'm guessing this is in the same catagory as most other mid 80's third party zoom lenses, IE naff!

After testing the metering, I've found one problem - The apeture coupling doesn't spring back like it should.

Does anybody know if this might be an easy fix, or otherwise details for a good repair company in the UK?

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sounds like a loose spring. If you are lucky and it can be done with this camera take the nameplate off and look, otherwise the entire top has to go off. For re-attaching the spring you will need some fine tweezers.

Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin