Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,730   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think this is going to go on a 6x12 camera (possibly with masks for 6x9). Probably fixed at hypoerfocal distance for f22 or with some simple focusing mount if I can think of a simple method.

I don't think it needs the accuracy of a rangefinder so a simple scale focus and a viewfinder (preferably optical) will do fine.

I have some pieces of 1/4" thick oak on my desk which would look good made into the shape of a camera!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're right Steve, I use a 75mm SA on my 6x17 and just use the helical focusing scale, by f16 there's plenty of depth of field. The 65mm will be slightly easier, but it is a great lens for occasional use with 5x4.

Why don't you build a camera for it that take 5x4, 6x12 (6x9) etc.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will probably make a small lens board for it to fit on the 6x12 then make a 100mm square lensboard as an adaptor which will take the small lensboard to fit on the Graphic.

That's the joy of having a CNC router and a laser cutter at work. I can try lots of these ideas out!

For focussing on the 6x12, I'm reminded of the "idiots' guide" of single person, group of people and mountains as seen on many simple cameras such as my Olympus Trip.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Why don't you build a camera for it that take 5x4, 6x12 (6x9) etc.
    I think one camera for 120 film 6x9 and 6x12 with a couple of red frame number windows would be fine.

For 5x4 then just a simple box with a film holder on one side and a lens mount on the other. A bit like some of the 5x4 pinhole designs I have seen.

I think a single camera for all three formats would be a bit more complex than two separate cameras.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    have fun with your project steve ..

SNIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    In general, 65mm is the widest lens that will fit a Speed, due to the rear curtain
    i used to use a 58mm brass barrel on my speed, it worked great!

john
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i used to use a 58mm brass barrel on my speed, it worked great!
    Did the image overlap at the sides?!!

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I use a 75mm SA on my 6x17 and just use the helical focusing scale

I just did a search for a helical focusing mount for this. Robert White has them for the bargain price of £240! I only paid £20 for the lens so I don't think a new mount is an option.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I just did a search for a helical focusing mount for this. Robert White has them for the bargain price of £240! I only paid £20 for the lens so I don't think a new mount is an option.

Steve.
    Try Fotoman. There are also some cheap helicals on Technika boards from China that you can find on eBay.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    re the rear rail.. IIRC there are no infinity stops on the rear rail, and I dont think they would fit right if you bought an extra pair. So how can you ensure that the lens is positioned in the proper place to use accurate rangefinder/scale focussing?

Q: does the 65mm f8 SA even cover 4x5?

Viewfinders: The finder for the Konica 58mm is nice and could be close enough to use with 6x9 or even 6x12. I found the finders intended for 35mm cameras to be too small. A DIY option is to get one of those .42x wide angle adapters and mount a flash shoe or similar foot on them. However if you are going to shoot 4x5 I reccomend using the GG so you can get proper framing.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 65mm f:8 SA just barely covers 4x5" straight on. Accurate focussing is not a big problem, since the DoF is so large (at least compared to a 150mm f:3.5).

The viewfinder for a 15mm Ultra-Heliar lens might work - I'll check that when I get home from work since I have one (of both).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin