Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,408   Online: 1032

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi,

I use a f8/65mm SA on my 2x3 Crown so I know the figures

flange back is 70.5mm
    min. distance between the rim of the back element and the groundglass is 47mm

I think, this will be difficult with the 4x5 Speed Graphic it barely works with my tiny Crown. May be you can find a recessed lens board.

Ulrich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Did the image overlap at the sides?!!

Steve.

nope, the box wasn't in the view ..
    it was pretty cool, i wish i still had that lens!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Ulrich Drolshagen;763124flange back is 70.5mm[/QUOTE]

Is this the distance between the film emulsion and the back of the shutter which rests up against the lens board? (assuming at infinity focus).

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Is this the distance between the film emulsion and the back of the shutter which rests up against the lens board? (assuming at infinity focus).
    Exactly

BTW the hyperfocal distance for an image circle of 156mm is 1.27m (1.39 yard). If you focus on 2m (2.19 yard) stopped down to f22 you'll have everything in focus from one Meter to infinity. So you can build a fixfocus camera and won't need tilt capability. You will need to stop down at least to f22 to get a sufficient image circle for 4x5. There is no margin left for shift. So for 4x5 a simple light tight box with a grafloc back will do.

Ulrich

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. It's going to be a a 6 x 12 cm camera (at least at first) so I should have plenty of image circle.

Drawings have been made and CNC programs written so watch this space for more details. I may cut some parts tomorrow and start assembling.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post

i used to use a 58mm brass barrel on my speed, it worked great!

john
    There are exceptions to every rule of thumb! that's why I said, "in general".
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Camera Work Started.....

I have made a start on the 6x12 camera. The attached pictures show the film holder assembly which I have made as a separate unit. The roll holders and rollers come from a broken, very cheap 6x6 camera.

This will fit into an outer casing which I will make from oak.

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0343.JPG   DSCF0341.JPG   DSCF0344.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Having dismissed the idea of paying £240 for the matching Schneider focus mount, I have taken apart an old Minolta lens and with a little bit of machining, I should be able to mount this lens in its helical mechanism.

The inner helix is currently with a friend who is going to open it out a bit to accomodate the rear element assembly (I could do it but my lathe doesn't have a motor at the moment). I hope this goes o.k. as it is quite a precision job for him. He's used to much larger work than this as he repairs and restores military tanks for a living!

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Steve. Idid a very similar thing with a 47SA and a 65 angulon to mount them onto some bodged up old Ensign 6x9 cameras. I used a couple of Olympus 50mm 1.8 lenses. Had to reverse the helical inner part and make a new inner sliding 'keyway' arrangement, but on the whole it was pretty easy and works well.
    Good luck!
    Richard
    www.richard-littlewood.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard littlewood View Post
    Had to reverse the helical inner part and make a new inner sliding 'keyway' arrangement, but on the whole it was pretty easy and works well.
    I had to cut away the part which holds the slider tab which runs in the slide groove so to prevent it turning there will be a bracket which locates on an 1/8" steel pin at the bottom of the lens.

I will post some pictures when I get the helix back.

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin