Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,865   Online: 993

Shooter
    Multi Format

RB67 film insert question

I just received a 120 insert for my RB67 and I think it might be busted.
    With the insert out of the magazine and no film loaded, the frame indicator is on 9. Nothing I do will move it off of 9. When I mount the insert in a magazine and put it on the camera body I can wind the lever about one half stroke and then it jams, wont wind farther and wont return to its rest position. At this point the rotating adapter interlocks wont allow me to unlatch the magazine and the only way to get it off the body is to first remove the insert, then the camera will unlatch and the magazine itself can come off. Any ideas? If its an easy fix then I'll take care of it, otherwise it has to go back.

Thanks a lot,

Ed
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Is this the Pro-S back?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it's a Pro-S
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Send it back, it sounds like it has a real problem. I'd suspect the counter reset is blocked with gunky foam seal but if the lever is not advancing nor returning, it may be damaged goods.

I'd really have to see it to determine what the real problem is but that's my guess for now.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin