Over the past couple weeks:
• Built a frankenstein Nikkormat, using an FT body and an FT3 mirror box. Have yet to get the whole thing working, but will work on it in my spare time.
• Combined a couple parts FTn's into one working FTn that just needs to have the wiring to the meter hooked up to get it working completely.
• Cleaned up a Nikkormat EL that must've gone swimming, but still functioned properly.
• Figured out why one of the FTn parts bodies wouldn't fire - had gone swimming, and the cocking lever had become disconnected from the winding mechanism. Fires once manually cocked, and the stop down mechanism is engaged. All speeds sound ok.
• Replaced the EM/FG/FG-20 rewind knob on my FE2 with one from my old FM2n, which entailed unlatching the back, after the rewind shaft dropped into the body after closing the back. Still need to readjust the ISO dial so it isn't off a stop.
Future projects will probably consist of locating a new top cover and baseplate for the FE2, buying a new FT2 top cover, then installing the parts on the respective bodies.
APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn - all blk bodies; Nikomat FT2 chrome
Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 50/2 H x2, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 200/4 AI, 300/4.5 EDIF AIS
- My flickr stream
I finally found an extra tail-board for my Burke & James 5x7. After stripping the old Battleship Grey and applying a nice Cherry stain that matches the camera, I am now ready to do some portraiture with the 12" lens.
Oh ya, reworking the ground glass with #400 and then #500 silicon carbide abrasive grits makes a world of difference in the quality and brightness of the image on the GG. Beats a Fresnel lens.
A Burk & James 'Grover' 8x10 monorail camera back was made to fit. The camera came with two backs and only one fit. The 5x7 adaptor back didn't go on. None of the pins would line up?! It must have come from another kit.
All the pins were removed; it reminded me of track at Xmas train setup; the holes were filled with wood putty; after dry, they were drilled. The back was centered first, then clamped to hold it in place. A hand drill was used to carefully drill with. Base pins went in first; the clamp was moved to the top and then those holes were drilled.
A completely different story concerns a Fairchild Aerial K-38 shutter with Kodak lenses - with my brother in laws help, we got it to fire. "BANG!" Using three winds, it sounds like a gun shot. I wonder exactly how fast it actually goes? That lens and shutter stands 11 1/2" tall, 5" wide in the back and 6" wide in the front, not counting the Yellow filter, the front element is a 36 inch, 918mm lens. Shutter blades and iris blades are right next to each other. The opening in the iris is 1 1/4 to 3/1/4. We didn't fit the lens, only my ignorance of how to use it has improves a little.
Replaced all the foam seals in an Olympus XA. Came out great.
My Polaroid 545 filmholder, thanks to Ian C!
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
I fixed this wacky Noritsu Machine that retrieves the leader from 35mm canisters automatically. now it doesn't tear my film when it goes in to get it back.
Oh, and I set up a bunch of stage lights a theatre, burning my had on a PAR can. Bummer
Thanks for the Tip; finally got around to doing this and it took all of 3 minutes. Seems to have done the job and now I will have a fully functional Super ME as soon as I buy some batteries!
Originally Posted by darinwc
New light seals and mirror bumper on a Canon A-1, and I un-jammed the mirror on a Minolta XE-5.
I fixed the circulation pump of my Colenta's water jacket. As the water jacket contains 90 L, and after a certain time algae are living in it, the mesh filter got saturated. I drained the jacket, dismantled the circulation system and cleaned the pump and electro magnetic valve. Then I filled the jacket again and purred in a jar of house hold 'eau de Javel' (= hypochlorite de sodium) and let it stand for a night, all the green stuff was gone. Then rinsed the jacket several times and the machine ran like new. The jacket water is used in the process as washing water.
"...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
(freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)
PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...
took apart and unjammed the aperture on a no-name brand tele zoom lens for my AE-1.