Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,664   Online: 789

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This week I've mostly been fixing a broken 21mm viewfinder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I took dings out of filter rings on a 135mm Symmar, 90mm super angulon and 90mm sinaron.

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I fixed an old Gralab timer which was dirty and the hands were way out and didn't line up. After removing the hands and opening it up I cleaned the black paint and scrubbed the hands and face off with a pad. The dayglo is extremely dense and stands up to stiff scrubbing. The hands have screws that allow them to be aligned straight up. The clock timer is small and simple, no wonder it lasts for decades. I use this one for my enlarger fan.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Today I took a Dremel to the auto-stop down flange on an M42-EOS adapter that I use on my Zeiss 35mm/f:2 ZS mount lens. The lens has a manual stop down lever on the barrel, so I can open the aperture for focusing and stop it down for the exposure. The flange depressed a pin that kept the iris stopped down all the time, which is useful for M42 lenses that don't have an external lever, but otherwise gets in the way. My M42-FD adapter doesn't have the flange.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did a CLA on a 135mm f/4.5 Tominon lens in a Polaroid MP4 shutter. The lens elements were filthy and the shutter was a bit sticky but not too bad. Now the glass is clear and the shutter works perfectly. The hard part was finding where I had put my spanner wrenches to take apart the elements.:rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last night, I monkeyed around with a project that I've been working on for a while. A hybrid Nikkormat FT/FT3 body. FT casting and top/bottom covers with FT3 mirror box. Am getting closer to having the whole thing work. Still have to get the mirror box to fire when the shutter release is depressed, but the shutter works now. Didn't before.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I "fixed" my Yashica mat 124 lazy shutter... the only thing I had to do was to remove the rear lens and "tick" the blades (but this is of course what I tried last, so I got the cover off, scratched the front lens ring (then lens remains untouched, so the camera is a bit uglier but still works fine).

This camera looks like a beater but works fine...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If non photography related stories are allowed, I also fixed some junkyard bicycles for use in my son's school... I still love to use several bikes to make one that's working. These ones are ugly, but work like a charm (they're used for some education about street policies).
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Rebuilt a Olympus 35RD shutter which had oily blades. Converted it to silver oxide battery, replaced the foam. John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Summer now,bought a used fridge for a song and are gonna stick my fix'ins in it,paper, film,assorted chems and and perhaps some adult beverages.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin