I fixed a few prints... But I also took apart my darkroom timer, soldered on some new spade connectors for the switch connections, made sure everything was working fine, and put it back together. More of an improvement than a fix, but hopefully it'll hold up for a few more years until I can get a really good one.
"Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank
"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman
"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh
I got fixed the supply side spool on my Kodak Tourist II fixed (after grinding too much away trying to get it to work with 120 spools). I also cleaned up an Ansco Memar that had a frozen focus. It isn't "show" quality, but it works and that's more important to me. I hate seeing old cameras that don't work or you can't find film for anymore like my 110 and 126 instamatics.
Agfa B-2 Cadet
cleaned it the other day....tested it & works fine except the small rollers the film emulsion-side goes over...rust spots seem to be damaging the film leaving spots in the negative
sanded them smooth...gonna run a test roll thru tomorrow
I took a slide cutter and added three white Christmas tree lights, a momentary switch, and a two AAA battery pack to light it up from inside so I can make even cuts on my negatives.
Replaced the tripod socket on the F2A. Noticed my MD-2 felt loose on the camera. When I was done with the roll of film, I took the drive off. Discovered that the socket had been pulled out a little bit. Just enough to seat the screw on the drive before the drive had completely mated to the baseplate. Picked up a replacement part from Camera Clinic in Shoreline, WA. Brought it home, pulled the baseplate, and swapped it. Now the camera doesn't rock sideways when it's placed on a table, and the drive fits flush against the baseplate, like it should.
APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K
- My flickr stream
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
I kind of fixed the Voitlander 35mm VF I have. For some reason the mask inside went crooked, so I had to open it up and straighten it.
Those who know, shoot film
Fixed the original WLF for my Hassy : the top of the hood did not come up properly, and I had to "charge" the spring (looks like it was displaced at a moment in the past).
It looks much better than the Salyut hood I used !
Laurent "Je suis Charlie"
Thoe who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
My APUG Blog
Linhof TechnikaV: The screw holding the spring tensioner gizmo for the drop-bed strut (with the notches) broke off, leaving my camera with only one functioning strut.
After getting some advice from an old camera repairman, I managed to extract the broken screw myself and replace it with a new one. About two hours' work, and it's good as new.
A simple thing, but I've never extracted a broken-off-screw of this nature before, it was quite tricky.
I replaced the back release on my Mamiya C-220f. I had to remove the skin from the left side to access all the screws, remove the broken plastic mechanism, and find the broken piece that was jamming the release lever in the camera body before I could install the new part. Its all back together and functions like a new one ought to. Now my daughter has a 6x6 TLR to shoot.
Today I rebuilt the leg locking device on my 11x14 & 14x17 Tripod. I designed a way to lock the legs initially that worked okay. When I was up in Yosemite last weekend I took out the 14x17 and needed to raise the tripod and one of the legs would not lock down. So, I made the cam-lock system for this tripod as well. I used this locking system on the tripod I built for the 8x20. It is a simple but very effective and relatively easy fix for the tripod. You can easily adjust the tension with the knurled nobs.
Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 03-31-2011 at 10:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.