Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,429   Online: 799

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Built a circular mounting plate for my ancient 8x10 so I can use it with a modern tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few days ago I finally fixed the rattle in my Pentax Digital Spotmeter. It fell out of my jacket pocket twice on my cross-country trip in January. One of those times was into a snowy field in Oklahoma, where it sat until I realized it 70 miles down the road and went back hoping that I had dropped it where I suspected I had. Lo and behold, it was right where I expected it; wet and icy but functioning. Earlier in the trip, I was crawling around near the top of a railroad underpass along U.S. Highway 13 in Maryland and it slipped out of my jacket pocket. I watched horrified as it skidded and jumped down the concrete slope about 30 or 40 feet and landed in the dirt next to the tracks. I was surprised to try it out and find it functioning perfectly. Nothing but exterior scratches and an interior rattle. WELL, I finally took the bugger apart and found that a tiny screw had come loose. After some searching, I found where the screw belonged and put it back where it goes. I now have a spot meter on its third life that is NICE AND QUIET again. The end!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I fixed the economy... twice... before breakfast. But some numb-nuts keeps buggering it up again. Was it one of you guys? If so, knock it off. It's really starting to annoy me.

Truth be known, I'm actually much better at creating the raw materials for fix-it jobs. (that's code for breaking it in the first place ) My favourite was breaking the lens mount on my enlarger on the very day I got it. To my credit, it also turned out to be one of my better fixes as well.

To that end, I'll share my motto... "Bigger problem, bigger hammer."

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Fixed a pot of coffee and breakfast.

Going to tackle a sound-operated trigger for a flash in a while (from breadboard to PC board and mount in a box).

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hauled 1 ton of concrete slabs for the garden, bought a new lawn mover, built a gate for our garden (to prevent toddler daughter from leaving garden). And now, I am heading for the darkroom, for some chemical quality time ("quality time" - do people still use that disgusting old cliché?)
    Søren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    A nice Jupiter-8 so far, now it is properly aligned. Next up, Zuiko 50/1.4, EBC Fujinon 55/1.8.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    I have a lack of space in my camera bag. I started fixing that problem last night when I put my Canon Rebel XTi on Ebay
    well, the lack of camera bag space problem is fixed. Sold the digital early this morning via "Buy it Now." It's now in a box ready to be shipped to California. Now I'm off to fix my next problem: finding something to fill that empty space up with.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I replaced a lightbulb in the kitchen yesterday!

Phew!

If my wife doesn't appreciate my prodigious technical skills now, she never will!

(Hint: she never will.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    last night i fixed a handful of prints,
    tonight, maybe some film ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I failed to fix a Trip 35. The inner focusing ring that attaches to the lens broke, and I have no idea of where to find another short of buying a broken camera and hope that isn't what is broken with it.

Michael

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin