Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,880   Online: 961

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243444546474849 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just got a old Fuji Ace race bike setup for a buddy. Finished working on my Davidson, and now fixing the counter on a C220 which might come on here for sale... ^_^
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Coleman Gas Lantern, just in case Hurricane Irene
    leaves me in the dark ...

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fixed my broken bathroom tile. Literally pulled it all up and put it right back down. It only took me half a day.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I fixed the ttl meter coupling on my 'new' Pentax 67, it was all out of order and then I tackled cleaning the fungus out of my 105mm 2.4 tak. It went brilliantly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Took the laptop my son-in-law gave up on and worked with it to fix the s-l-o-w start up and running. Then I increased its RAM and I am replacing the hard drive with a solid state hard drive that has twice the capacity. I loaded on Delorme Street GPS and Topological Map GPS. Yesterday and today during the hurricane, I loaded off road waypoints for California, Utah, Arizona and Colorado.

I purchased a floor mounted laptop computer holder so that the computer will sit over the gear shift, with the screen held open, and in front of the dashboard. The screen does not interfere with the view out the front window. Now the laptop has become a ruggedized GPS with simultaneous aerial views and topo maps for off roading.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Picked up an OM4T recently in rough, non working condition. Fixed a ground short due to missing screws in bottom plate, removed and replaced foam seals in back (mirror bumper foam was fine and good condition), cleaned mirror and focusing screen. Repaired front led timer/mute switch.

All functions work great now! Was a steal, plus was a later model with updated circuitry board! The service manual for this model is the scariest thing ever in exploded view lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    fixed my broken bathroom tile. Literally pulled it all up and put it right back down. It only took me half a day.
    That's not bad. It should only take you four years to tile a whole room!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    That's not bad. It should only take you four years to tile a whole room!

Steve.
    It might take me longer!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had a Koni Rapid Omega 100 with a very murky viewfinder/rangefinder and inoperable parallax correction bright lines. The viewfinder was like looking through a thick fog. Opened it up and carefully cleaned all the prism and mirror surfaces and fixed the parallax correction mechanism. There are a lot of glass surfaces, so even a small amount of built up haze gets multiplied. The viewfinder is crisp and clear now--what a difference!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just fixed an Olympus Winder 2 I bought off craigslist. The guy thought it was fine, but when I met to test near his workplace, it all went very badly. In the end he offered it to me for free, as he couldn't sell it like that. I gave him $3 bucks for a coffee in trade.

It was in very rough, and used hard condition, with severe paint loss, would not run at all, very bad and evident corrosion from battery leak, as well as rusted screws, and some type of left over adheasive. With the bottom section removed, you could see the battery leak led to acid that flowed into the mode switching compartment beneath electric motor assembly and out of the extra neck strap attachment prong, crusted over on almost all metal surfaces. Extensive cleaning with a pick, vinegar, and sandpaper removed almost all of it.

Winder 2 sprung back to life after a quick test by shorting the top terminal connections.

Reassembled, tested and working strong on my new OM4T with film. Though very loud, LOL. Oh well cant have everything. =]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin