Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,262   Posts: 1,680,654   Online: 1042

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 353940414243444546474849 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Found a beautiful Olympus 35SP at a swap meet for $20 but it had a stuck shutter. It cleaned up very easily and now works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been fixing old Linhof Technika bellows this week with PlastiDip and they seem to be lightproof again.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I recently picked up a Canon 100mm 3.5 LTM lens that was in bad shape from Adorama for a decent price for the condition. It turns out the lubricant had migrated all over the place.

I spent a few hours figuring out how to take it apart and clean each surface of the glass which was impacted. It looks like the lubricant actually stripped the coating off of one of the surface - and I've got a bunch of dust in it now introduced in the cleaning process - but other than that it looks good. Looking through the lens, neither is visible. A flashlight reveals the issues but it looks like they may not impact the image quality as I can't see any impact in the ground glass.

I like these Canon LTM lenses. Almost all of them have been relatively simple to work on and have cleaned up nicely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the last few days I've been replacing the light seals on my RB67.
    Next on the list, I have two busted Polaroid 250s, the front standard of a 195, the back of a 350, and a few other bits and pieces. Let's see how many working cameras I can cobble together.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Used windshield repair resin to fill a nice chip on the 37mm fisheye for my RZ.
    Unjammed the focus/lens mechanism on a fuji GA645.

I love working on cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMac View Post
    Used windshield repair resin to fill a nice chip on the 37mm fisheye for my RZ.
    Unjammed the focus/lens mechanism on a fuji GA645.

I love working on cameras
    Resin repair on a lens... that sounds scary to do haha! Id have shaky hands attempting that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got rid of that pesky clicking on the aperture ring on my 50/1.7 Minolta lens... oh, wait... *D'OH!!!*

Man, that little ball bearing was tiny. It's probably no more than two feet away from me right now, but nowhere in sight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    I got rid of that pesky clicking on the aperture ring on my 50/1.7 Minolta lens... oh, wait... *D'OH!!!*

Man, that little ball bearing was tiny. It's probably no more than two feet away from me right now, but nowhere in sight.
    Bummer. Can't tell you how many times I have been in that situation myself (usually its tiny screws)!
    You may find a magnet helpful in retrieving the errant sphere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post

Done that. Found the bearing, but the little spring ended up mangled beyond repair.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Finally got this working today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vortexion001.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	44068

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin