Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,244   Online: 935

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 384243444546474849 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Yesterday reassembled the Nikon DP-2 Photomic head for my F2 that had been sitting around in pieces for quite a while. Only had a couple extra pieces........

Last week tore apart my Nikon Coolscan IV and cleaned the mirror. Geez, no wonder it wouldn't work correctly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "how many enlargers" thread got me thinking about my Saunders 7600 LPL with uncooperative Dichro knobs. It wasn't a big deal to open up the housing and free the mechanism, but I was struck by how improbably and needlessly tiny the machine screws that hold the lamp housing on are.

I also replaced the lamp I burned out the other day with my last ESJ. (and then I put the dead bulb back with his brothers in the "Lazarus" box... If I don't have a miracle soon, I'm going to have to buy some more.)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Picked up another SRT-101 from a random eBay seller, camera arrived with frozen shutter. Luckily I had another SRT-101 from which to make mechanical comparisons and finally figured out that it was somehow all related to the self-timer. Opened up the back, found the battery compartment had corrosion, etc. that had somehow leaked over to the self-timer shaft. Loosened the shaft with a screwdriver and heard the self-timer starting to close... faster... ca-click.. clunk... Fixed.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I fixed an 8X10 inch Tri-X negative after I developed it in PMK plus developer in a tray. Rather pleased with the results

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure I would call it fixing, but I just did an Ai-ectomy (or would that be Non-Ai-ectomy?) to a Nikkor 55mm f3.5 macro lens. I finally found my fixture for holding the aperture ring, so that saved a lot of time, didn't have to remake that. Slapped it on the rotary table and knocked off about .068 and eyeballed the edge 1/3 of the way between f16 and f22. Lens meters closely with others on my F3 and now I can fit it on a D3100 to hopefully try d!qit1zing a huge collection of old family slides quickly (so tired of scanning at a snails pace). Now I'm set and practiced up to modify a Nikkor-S 50mm f1.4 that's still on it's way in the mail.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1428.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	47139

Shooter
    35mm
    no less then 100 5x7 prints, all different. Spent 10 hours in the darkroom. Pretty fed up but tomorrow is another day.

Shooter
    35mm
    Canonet GIII - fixed non-working meter and replaced seals

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bob: how did you fix the canonets meter? (nice job btw)
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Further disassembling an "As-Is" chrome F2 body picked up recently at KEH: 1). Removed the self-timer assembly and transplanted the works onto another F2 body (and it works!); 2). Removed the film advance lever from same and transplanted onto another F2 (DE-1) chrome body (lever on this body had a small piece of the plastic cover broken off); and 3). Swapped out doors (the "parts As-Is" body is not that bad cosmetically speaking, it has just too many issues to make restoration/repair viable) from the same to yet another F2 chrome body. Looking - objectively speaking - at the torn down F2 that I have been parting out... I am almost inclined to view the thing as a sort of object d'art. Think this skeleton of a camera has earned a permanent place up on one of the bookshelves...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re-Fixed my EOS mount Tokina 19-35mm lens the other night. I had picked this up for a song a long while ago, and one day while using it, the rear metal ring insert which goes around back element, but is within the metal mount itself, popped loose. In my haste I quickly took the rear mount off, and super glued it back. Worked fine in a non full frame camera, but would block the mirror on a standard film Canon.

I realized that the ring I glued back was reversed and protruding out of the mount. But I had used superglue in my inexperience back then and it was really stuck on there tight.

I did a quick search on removal and discovered superglue or cyanoacrylate becomes brittle in cold temps. So instead of throwing it into the fridge, I blasted the ring with liquid CO2 from a compressed air can by holding it upside down. Bingo, easily snapped off after a two applications. I flipped it and inserted it again, and all is well, the extra glue on the edges is providing a tight friction fit now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin