Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,624   Online: 1041

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had to replace a head light bulb on my pickup truck today. Can't understand why, it only had 275,000 miles on it!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is one hell of a lamp to stand up to 275,000 miles of bouncing around. Have you really owned the truck since new and never replaced that lamp? Pretty amazing if true, but sounds darned near impossible. Reminds me of that light bulb at the fire station in Northern CA, except I think it's even more amazing because of all the jostling and on and off cycles it has endured.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-19-2009 at 05:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes I have bought the truck brand new (1997 Toyota Tacoma). It is far from perfect, it is slow and not very comfortable, but it only left me stranded once! And it is paided for! It still works.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "1997"? Is that like a year or something?
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-19-2009 at 06:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To 2F/2F, I guess you got me confused, I'm not sure what you mean. 1997 meaning only 12 years ago.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok. I get that it is a year...but what does it mean when it starts with "19"?
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

I fixed the long hole in the front yard created when the 42 year old water line from the meter to the house could no longer resist the pressure of that one small rock ("select backfill," indeed). Oh, well, all of that was cheaper than continuing with the four times the normal cost for the water bill.

2F/2F, I know that you are old enough to remember, let alone recognize, the 1900's.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I opened up the bolt face on a '98 mauser for a belted magnum case head.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Ok. I get that it is a year...but what does it mean when it starts with "19"?
    I met to say 1897!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A really good breakfast!! (burp)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin