Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,855   Online: 857

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations McFortner! I've been doing it for years and still get a kick out of seeing the negs when they first come out of the tank.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Large Format
    I found that the flow meter that I had installed downstream from my Fotopanel caused the anti-siphon valve to back up and spill water on the floor. Removed the anti-siphon value and replaced with a brass elbow. Problem fixed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fixed our upstairs thermostat
    and 12 sheets of 5x7 paper
    Last edited by jnanian; 04-26-2009 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I had forgotten in my old age that Pentax 6x7 mirrors hang when the battery dies. So I followed instructions and "fixed" 2 bodies. But i have 4 bodies, 3 with broken chains. I dissasembled all 4 and discovered that the chain and the loop that holds it are REALLY TEENY. Well I knew from chain hanging down into the lens mount that it was teeny, but the loop that holds it to the ring thingy is worse. I couldn't find chain as small as the original so I fantasized about salvaging the good chain. I tested that bdy and found, as I had suspected from previous results, that it really does underexpose frames intermittantly, so one chain is available. Body number 4 was tested too as I recently started shooting Plus X in it and got a very weird flaw on some of the negs. . I didn't get any "marks" , but I did get underexposure [2-3 -4 stops]- usually a full frame, sometimes one third to one half. I suppose the second curtain is catching on the first or otherwise moving too soon??????
    So I re-assembled the two bodies with chains still broken, but fixed so the end can't dangle and shot a test roll of plus X in each successfully. We'll see if merely putting the shims back restores alignment.
    I suppose that the cost of trying to get an intermittant shutter glitch repaired is more than getting yet another body. Anyone have that problem and get it fixed??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't fix anything today, not even lunch!

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just glad there are no veterinarians posting to this thread.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lucky me, I fixed my wife's Fix-Or-Replace-Daily by putting in a new brake lit switch ,the old one had a broken wire which if you can believe prevented the car from shifting out of park,and all so no brake lights. Cost 20.00 bucks,a honest dealer would have charged $150.00 and a dishonest one the price for a new transmission . Got the rest of the day to fart around in the darkroom. YEEEE HAAAA!!!!!

mike c.
    Last edited by mike c; 05-02-2009 at 07:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Replaced a 2-lamp balast resister in my plate etcher...of course they only sell the new balast resisters, which required a little "rewiring" on my part...and I am not a very good electrician. It all worked well in the end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    fixed dinner:
    swordfish steaks and asparagus on the charcoal grill
    cold chopped romaine lettuce and hand torn baguette
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm slowly replacing the light seals in my old cameras. One Olympus Pen EES-2 and one Canonet 28 down and drying, another Canonet 28 is soaking the old seals off. And I developed a roll of Lucky SHD 100 36exp in Caffenol McF. Kind of a slow day with both kids here this weekend.

Michael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin