Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,574   Online: 1200

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

1.6 x converter for Yashica 200 AF

This is not a repair question but rather a puzzle. A good friend purchased this 1.6 x AF converter made by Kyocera Japan for his Yashica 200 AF camera. He already has an AF 70-210 Yashica lens and intends to use it with the said converter for bird pictures.
    The problem is that the converter fits well on the camera but the lens wonít fit into the converter Iím at loss to explain; mind you I never owned any Yashica or Contax in 35mm format. The mount on the converter seams to be smaller/ different than the Yashica lens mount. Is this how itís supposed to be? does he need to buy a different converter - perhaps with a different mount on the outside? Would appreciate any advice. Cheers,
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So the female mount on the converter is smaller?
    Could it be a mount converter that takes a manual focus lens?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it was to mount CY lenses on the AF Yashica. I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, it's funny that converter has "AF converter" written on it so you would think it was made for the AF camera/ lens.
    Mihai Costea

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeff, what is CY lens?
    Mihai Costea

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    John, it's funny that converter has "AF converter" written on it so you would think it was made for the AF camera/ lens.
    Yes, you would think that. I guess it's open to interpretation.
    It seems that there were others that allowed you to put a manual focus lens on an AF body. Not necessarily Yashica.
    CY is Contax/Yashica mount. Manual focus.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Yes, you would think that. I guess it's open to interpretation.
    It seems that there were others that allowed you to put a manual focus lens on an AF body. Not necessarily Yashica.
    CY is Contax/Yashica mount. Manual focus.
    Good morning, John;

Yes, there may be some different interpretation here. There are many lens adapters that allow you to use one type lens on a different type body. Then the converters change the focal length or magnification of a lens. Further more, there are also a few adapter/converters that allow you to use a different lens on body with some magnification thrown in for good measure.

There is a Minolta Adapter/Converter that allows the use of a Minolta SR/MC/MD manual focus lens on a Minolta Auto Focus Maxxum/Dynax body plus giving it a 2X teleconverter also. For the Minolta lenses, you will need to have some glass in the optical path to correct for a difference in lens flange to focal plane mounting distance to allow the manual focus lens to focus at infinity on an auto focus body. Tossing in some magnification just seems like a little extra to have.

I am looking for one of these Minolta 2X Converter/Adapters for use with the Minolta MF lenses on a Minolta AF body.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note on some Teleconverters, some lenses will not work because the rear element extends to far into the camera body. Is this the case?
    It's not the camera......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mistery solved, I have spoken with a camera technician here in Toronto and learned that my friend got an AF to Manual lens converter and NOT an AF to AF lens converter, that is why the bayonet will not fit on the lens. The fact that Kyocera makes no special marks on this converter is very deceptive.
    Mihai Costea

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin