Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,866   Online: 786

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Old Wista, questions

This week I found a Wista 45 camera at the local junk shop. It seems to be in decent, functional condition, with the exception of the light seals at the front and rear of the bellows were badly dry-rotted.

The seals seem to be adhesive-backed foam rubber, there is a circular one at the front, and a large, square one in the rear. I was able to remove the old seals using acetone and a bamboo chopstick (cutting the end of the chopstick at an angle to make a scaper just wide enough to fit in the seal channel).

What I would like to know is if there are replacement seals available, or if there is anything else I can make a set of seals from?

Thanks,

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Update, I found adhesive backed, soft-rubber sheets for sale at the local department store (Tokyu Hands). Cost for 1 square foot was 320 yen ($3).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin