Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,213   Posts: 1,532,107   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yashica-Mat shutter sticking

I have a weird problem with my Yashica-Mat EM TLR. When focused to infinity or near infinity the shutter sticks open randomly. It happens at all speeds and apertures. When it sticks open it will close if i turn the focus knob to closer focus. It will also close if i turn the film advance lever.
    Does anyone know what might be causing this?
    I will attempt to fix it if its something fairly simple but if it will take a major repair i will probably put it on the shelf.

Thanks
    RSN
    Grinsha

Mamiya M645
    Yashuca-Mat EM
    Zeiss Ikon 517/16
    Baby Speedgraphic
    Calumet 4x5
    Agfa Ansco Sure Shot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Theres some sticky linkage somewhere inside. Myself I would send it in for a CLA. You would need to know where and how to access the linkage inside the camera body to clean and lube the friction points. That usually involves some detailed disassembly.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are the assembly charts: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/%7Ecor...a/ymchttc.html

This thread may have some info to help: http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/foru...tml?1099148434

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Guys
    I ran another roll of film through it (3rd so far) and the shutter has quit sticking.
    Must have been sticking because it was sitting in the junk store for 20+ years.
    Grinsha

Mamiya M645
    Yashuca-Mat EM
    Zeiss Ikon 517/16
    Baby Speedgraphic
    Calumet 4x5
    Agfa Ansco Sure Shot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Are the assembly charts for the 124G the same as the "EM" he has or even the Yashica-Mat (no extension)?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin