Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,709   Online: 1220

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Tunable LC Filter

I think hyperspectral photography is very interesting. I want to do it bymyself and I need a tunable liquid crystal filter. Is there anyone who knows the technology. Which lc is tunable and transparent when colored ? What kind of a lc housing required ? Do electrodes needed to be transparent or electrodes at the sides usable ? What would be the thickness of the lc ? etc etc..

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My recollection is that the transmission spectrum of most LCs are not even approximately neutral. Anyway, you might look up the Kent State liquid crystal institute. They do have a wall on a fab room at Kent that can be variably darkened, and I recall some discussion there long ago about making variable-tint windscreens for cars. Turns out to be rather expensive, I think.

At one time I investigated the use of the photochromic materials found in the 'transitions' sunglasses. That may be possible. And you'd not need a power supply
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last I knew the electrodes were transparent Indium Tin Oxide coated on glass. But my knowledge is 20 years old. It may be significantly different now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin