Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,667   Online: 895

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Now comes the body, I made a jacket for it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent instructions on bellows making. I managed to work it out for myself a few years ago - wish I had something like your guide to show me then, it would have saved a lot of time.

I have XY knife cutter and laser cutter at work. These transform rib cutting from an ordeal to a simple process.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Curious to ask, if you own a 4x5 snap shooter like Polaroid 110B with lens exchange ability, besides 127mm as standard lens, what other lenses will you pick?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salihonba View Post
    Thanks tony, and I think this can release people who want to convert Polaroid into 4x5 limited in 110B or 110A, actually, 900 will be another good candidate, for if you plan to use other L/F lens as standard lens, like fuji 125mm, old Zeiss tessar 120mm, are all good choice, compare to 127 Ysarex.
    Ahhh, I went to post a question and find that you are the person whom I should ask. Dontcha just luv Apug!? I have a 110B convert with a problematical Prontor SVS shutter. IF I cannot get the shutter repaired, do you think it would be difficult to substitute or replace the lens/shutter as you suggest. I am not a tool-using member of our species; more of a fiddle fixer. What do you think would be involved?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been busy figuring out how to turn a 210 into a 5x4-- so far it looks VERY doable
    Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just finished looking at razzledog's site and he has converted lens' on the 110a,b, &900. He makes a bracket to replace the existing one that looks real good to me. He also used to make the bracket so that you could have tilt and shift but has stopped making them for some reason. Might give you some ideas John - http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle/index.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes I think converting 900 is a good idea, since you can make a flat front stand, meaning no size limited to #0 shutter as 110B or 110A, I alway wanted to use Schneider 120/6.8 angulon on it, who takes #1 shutter. It will be on my project list. I would not make a front stand who can shift or tilt, because it will be a snapshooter, not a view camera.
    I learned a lot from Dean's site, bought his CD years ago as a started point. I also learned many good ideas from Mr.Noah in NY, hope I can make a good conversion like them.
    Last edited by salihonba; 07-08-2009 at 12:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dear John, Prontor SVS shutter is what I think very good in quality, I believe that your problematic shutter will be easily repaired, but if you would like to replace the shutter, almost any #0 shutter can be used, only problem is that the trigger is not so long in length as SVS has, so maybe you need a release cable to trigger. And the lenses, as long as the rear element is small, can go through the hole on front stand, you can pick any one. All you need is a wrench for lens, and a screwdriver only, take off and remount from inside, it is easy.

Or you can follow the way Mr.Littman suggested on his site (not anymore now, don't know why), for the purpose to use the big rear element lens but without the lens exchange ability, take off the rear element(even front element!) when folding the camera, leave only the shutter, cover shutter with a tiny cap, and when unfolding the camera, remount the rear/front element back to the place.

In my way, lens exchange is very easy, but it needs some modification on front stand, and for accommodation big rear, better replace the bellows at the same time. I do think of providing a service, convert front stand for anyone who needs it, into a exchangeable system.
    Last edited by salihonba; 07-08-2009 at 12:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Camera finished, almost. Infinity stopper are waiting for parts, but now I can show you the images, I will explained later, please leave your comments, and all comments welcome.
    http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/salihonba/Byron#

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So when will you start taking orders?

Seriously, very well done! It looks great.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin