Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,222   Online: 942

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's almost as sexy as a speed graphic. Well done!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    Made a hood for ground glass panel, in my way.....

any camera in Graflok back can install it.
    Last edited by salihonba; 11-12-2009 at 04:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For fun again, an eyecup for Byron.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I made a locking clip for front standard, to keep the support always stay vertically, detail please visit my blog.

Shooter
    Large Format
    In my own opinion, that a camera equipped with only one socket for tripod is a stupid idea for the purpose of mounting securely. One socket provides as a pivot for camera to rotate, only the friction that between the base and the quick release plate stops it from turning, so you have to screw it really really really tight, tight enough to leave scratches and scars on base, but still that doesn't guarantee camera from turning around, especially on heavier camera, like Linhof Technika IV I owned. I can't stop thinking why the designers in Linhof not awaring this problem, just one socket for this heavy brick?!! Do they field test the camera or not?

Maybe I am too picky, or think too much, but there are many quick release plates smartly designed with two supports, so camera will really securely sticked with the plate, there is no way you can rotate the camera, even if screwing not so tight.
    This has to be accomplished by a match camera base, with two sockets, one for screw, one for support. So I decide to make one more socket accompanied by the screw socket, that will bring us more secure support.

Remember to use the quick release plate with two supports!!
    And then there is another similar situation, when you use a bracket or an accessory plate, one socket of such a long arm is not enough, one more socket for screw is necessary, so there I go, another 1/4 screw socket at side for it.

So Byron has three sockets on base, two as a pair, and another one for bracket.

I think those heavy cameras should all do the same design as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good idea. The left hand grip for the RB67 works on a similar principle. Central 1/4" thread with a locating pin on either side.

I am going to have to design something similar for the 6x12 camera I am currently building.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Steve, I am looking forward to your 612 camera, must be a masterpiece!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salihonba View Post
    Hi Steve, I am looking forward to your 612 camera, must be a masterpiece!
    There is a hastily assembled assembled web page here showing progress so far: http://stevesmithphoto.webs.com/pano612.html

If you have looked at this before, I have added an update which includes part of the oak case and the pressure plate.

When it's finished I will do a better write up hopefully with some good pictures!

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Salihonba, that is a beautiful piece of work. Congratulations.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you, and I am keeping improving it. someday it will be a multi-focal-coupled rangefolder.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin