Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,800   Online: 844

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

WA 6x9 folder in my pocket

Hello! I made a 6x9 folder in wide angle would like to share with you, any comment welcome!
    http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/salih...PocketProject#

Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like old 6x9 folders, but the 105mm that comes on most just isn't wide enough for my tastes. Over the years I've owned Bessa I/II, Ikontas/Erconas, Venturas, Billy Records, and a Medalist (hated spooling for 620). I've never heard of the Tenax, but will be doing some reading after this post. I'd love to see some shots from this. 65mm would certainly be right up my alley. It looks like that folder has adjustable rails for focusing. I've never seen one of these cameras, but would be interested in knowing more or even aquiring one.
    Nice work!
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice. I like using a 65mm lens with 6x9 also.

Shooter
    Large Format
    In my research, Tenax and Cocarette camera are good candidate for converting into WA 6x9 folders, Cocarette has even better body structure, in my own opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicely done. I assume focus is fixed at infinity (or hyperfocal distance).

I would like to see a close up of your magnet mounting for the viewfinder. In particular, how you maintain alignment.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Salihonba Nice one! Have a look at mine Equipment/homemade 6x9 wideangle cameras www.richard-littlewood.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Richard, your camera is lovely! and I even don't dare to think of 47mm, too wide to me. and I admire your darkroom, hope someday I can have one for myself.
    and I post some more pics in my album, to explain my way to focus, to mount the viewfinder, and to adjust for focus.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi mgb74, viewfinder alignment can be solved by stick two small stick by the side where magnet will be located, but I plan to cut a dedicated piece of plate for it, not yet do it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some interesting stuff here from Richard and Daniel.

I'm currently building a 6x12 format camera with a 65mm Super Angulon. It's not a folder though, unfortunately.

I was thinking about temporarily fitting this lens to an old 6x9 folder to work out the lens to film distance but as I don't have one which I want to take apart, I will probably go straight to 6x12.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah, 6x12, my dream for next one, but also I will make it into a folder, since I really like the feel when folds out and bellows extended, I will pick a 1A size folder, 1A camera that uses 616film has 110mm width of the film frame.
    But for the folder, pancake lens is the only option, I chose Schneider 6.8/90mm.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin