Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,541   Online: 879

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In case it isn't clear, interslice is Jon Goodman's eBay name.

I'm a happy customer.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Goodman's got an excellent reputation.
    Rather than using a screwdriver to dig out the old foam though, I use bamboo fondue skewers.
    They can't scratch the paint. Something else that will help is dipping the end of whatever you use in alcohol it will loosen the adhesive on the old foam. Keep a tissue or two handy to wipe the tip off as you dig the old foam out, it's pretty sticky.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool! Thanks for all the help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great tip John.
    I happen to use naphtha (poured in a film can/applied with Q-Tips) to get the gunk off. Picked up a box of bamboo cuticle sticks & freebie wooden coffee stir sticks.A roll of paper towels is a necessity.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow this seam to be one of the few times on APUG where everyone agrees!!!!!!

last time I looked on eBay for interslice---he only had kits for specific cameras no generic kits--hope this is not a new trend for him!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which camera do you intend to reseal 23mjm?
    I've done 7 different Nikon models,4 Pentax & 3 Cannon all with Jon's kit.I believe all or most 35mm SLR's use the same kind of seals.
    Email him if you have a specific camera in mind.Real nice fellow & fast to respond.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I contacted Jon via ebay recently asking about generic kits. He said he has stopped selling them at this point due to "abusive and dishonest buyers".

I don't quite understand what happened but I am somewhat disappointed by this as I have a few cameras/backs that I need to reseal and a generic kit is really what I need...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Then ask him to "build" you a kit and buy it from him. He'll cut the materials pretty much anyway you want as long as you are willing to actually pay for it, you are not limited to what he puts on ebay. Track down his email address (I think but could be wrong Jon_Goodman@yahoo.com ). Offer to give him a deposit or pay upfront before he makes your kit. He searches long and hard to find the best materials and manufacturers and knows camera repair. If you need help, join the Yahoo group "Camera-fix" (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/camera-fix/) and ask questions, chances are good that he replies.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a kit from Jon/Interslice a couple of years ago; when I came to re-seal another camera recently I found that I had mislaid the thin strips. A quick email to him (via eBay) and he was able to supply a set of the small strips very quickly. So, another 'thumbs up' for him from me (and he does seem to be accommodating for special orders!)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    David, if you have more camera's to repair, why don't you order the Universal kit from Jon and make it fit as you are repairing ?

I got one of those kits and it is great and as expensive as 2 special kits, but enough for 4 or more camera's.
    The Universal kit is a very good deal and value for the money you pay for it.

Peter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin