Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,783   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Camera bracket for bicycle.

Out this Sunday at 5:30 on my mountain bike with an F3HP cased and packed in my rucksack.Missed 2 great photo opps. because of the time delay (stop/unzip 2 bags).
    Does someone know of a camera bracket one could attach to a bicycle? I'm thinking of something that would hold a smallish P&S with long lens capabilities.Hate to have the gear but miss the shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would hesitate to use this approach because of vibration. IIRC there was a sling strap with velcro which would hold the camera to your chest but easily detachable but don't remember any details.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mountainbike on the trail or in town ? It makes a diference.

For the trail: try a double adjustable strap: one around your neck and one around your chest, both interconnected to each other.
    In that way the camera bounces around a lot less.
    Otherwise a case that fits the belt of your pants can be helpfull. I have this for my dP&S, there might be ones that fit a small SLR, and a F3 is not the smallest one.....

I would not fit the camera to the bike, esp on rough terrain, it will shake the screws out of it, unless you have one of those softtail all suspension bikes, like I have in Holland.......
    If you want to mount it on your bike in town you can use a (super) clamp with a ball head and QR plate, it will require some experimenting.
    Very sturdy super-clamps are made by Manfrotto(-Bogen in the US ???).

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just mount a 1/4-20 screw on your handlebars. Put a ball head n a quick release plate so you can snap your camera right in whenever you need it.

I just rest my camera on my seat and shoot away using my bike as a mono pod.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mike,

Perhaps something like this would work for you. They are $39.00 each. I have both sizes in stock. You can mount a small ballhead to these brackets and use your bike as a tripod (bikepod?). As the manufacturer advises, the camera should only be mounted on these when stopped, or riding on smooth surfaces.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great looking product and something to think about.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have yet to see a bracket that has some sort of suspension or stabilisation which would make a big difference in the enjoyment of the footage. Bumps and vibrations may help carry the feeling of the rocky singletrack, but on the road it wouldn't work.
    Do you know of any?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really cool looking device Kerry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    I have yet to see a bracket that has some sort of suspension or stabilisation which would make a big difference in the enjoyment of the footage. Bumps and vibrations may help carry the feeling of the rocky singletrack, but on the road it wouldn't work.
    Do you know of any?

Helmet mount.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great thread Mike. I think one (a mtn biker) might need both mount types one for smooth surfaces and the helmut mount for crazy off road trails. Tackle both worlds. Great info everyone. I've been considering this too just to document my rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin